Sometimes you need the right music to help keep the motivation to apply for a new job, write the perfect cover letter, ace an interview, or cry over a cupcake after getting past over for the job. Because we believe that everything is better when set to soundtrack, we present you with the first playlist of the year.
♭ ♮ ♯
- I Need a Dollar by Aloe Blacc – Who doesn’t Aloe? Who, doesn’t?
- Got My Mind Set On You by George Harrison
- Dream On by Aerosmith – “Dream until your dreams come true”
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by The Beatles –When things get rough, remember the words of the Beatles, who always knew exactly what to say, “Life goes on”
- Do Something by Britney Spears – Probably not your typical choice when thinking of the job search, but finding a new job comes down to you, so why don’t you do something?
- I Get Knocked Down by Chumbawamba – Come on! Who doesn’t love a good 90s pump-up anthem every now and then??
- Let Me Blow Ya Mind by Eve ft. Gwen Stefani
- Dreams by Fleetwood Mac – The bottom line – you have to have dreams and the belief in them.
- Heartlines by Florence + The Machine
- I’ve Got The World on A String by Frank Sinatra – Ok so it may be a love song, but you try playing it when you are walking to an interview and tell me you don’t feel instantly more confident.
- Faith by George Michael – “Cause you gotta have faith, faith, faith.”
- Don’t Stop Believing by Journey – This song isn’t popular in Karaoke bars around the country for no reason.
- Smile by Nat King Cole – Great to play to perk yourself up after you wipe the remaining sprinkles off your lips after a bad interview.
- So Ambitious by Jay-Z ft. Pharrell
- Good Days, Bad Days by Kaiser Chiefs
- Stronger by Kanye West – Well he’s right, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, so take that job that didn’t hire me.
- I Want You To Want Me by Letters to Cleo – Basically the same as writing a cover letter, in more eloquent terms of coarse.
- Under Pressure by Queen
- Billionaire by Travie McCoy
- Something Good Can Work by Two Door Cinema